Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Packing Guide: Escape to Paradise

     What better way to spend winter break or that nice holiday bonus than to treat yourself to a nice vacation away from the cold? A friend of mine suggested that I write a post on resort wear and I thought that would be a great idea because I happen to know quite a few people  who are traveling away to paradise during the freezing winter months.
      Now where do I begin? That's exactly the question that i've been asking myself because while there is so much I could write about I don't want this post to be so long that you wont even want to read it. I eventually decided that I would do a few Polyvore sets to inspire you as you pack your suitcase. Don't worry I'm just going to post the sets and leave you stranded. I'm going to speak on each set, so that you get the right idea as to where I'm coming from. I hope you all enjoy it and if there was anything I missed please contact me at ShakiyahIvory@themfc.net.
 Beach Options
When packing for the beach you should have as much fun as possible. Everything is pretty small, so there's no huge restraint on how much you can bring. I personally love to mix and match my bikinis, but not everyone is so daring. After bikinis I love to find different cover-ups. The knitted or crocheted sweater is my favorite right now. It's like wearing your heart on your sleeve and a sheer maxi skirt comes in as my second favorite cover up. It just adds the illusion that you're modest until it's time to hit the water. It's also great for those of us who don't have a six pack quite yet. I'm not big on make up at the beach, but lip gloss is always necessary. A beach friendly bag is a must to carry everything you may need while there & don't forget the shades to protect your eyes.
         
Daytime
When you aren't out laying on the beach and you're out sight seeing or having a few drinks be sure to be comfortable. I'm drawn to sheer not too tight clothing because it allows for a breeze to get through rather than everything being glued on to your body. In addition to letting your body breathe sheer clothing also takes up less space in your suitcase. A small purse that you can carry without weighing yourself down is my favorite while away because you don't need to carry too much stuff around while you are away on vacation anyway. Don't forget to keep a watch on either just in case your cell phone dies.



Nightlife
Of course you have to enjoy the nightlife when you are away on vacation, but you can't fit your whole wardrobe in your suitcase. My advice is that you bring simple, form fitting dresses like the ones they sale at American Apparel. The more simple your dress is, the more crazy you can go with accessories! I tend to bring my accessories as a carry on, so they won't weigh down my luggage. The easiest way to pack shoes is to pick the ones that are most versatile. You can't bring all of your shoes, so pick the ones you can switch your look up with and still stand out.


























0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home